||Dr. Joseph I Lewis
B. Sc: St Joseph’s College, Bangalore
Ph. D [Technology] – UDCT, Bombay University, Mumbai
Post Doctoral: University of Reading. Nuffield Fellowship Award. UK
- 25 years in Industry – Food Research & Development
• Marico Ltd : Head: Technology
• Kaya Ltd: Head Design & Development
• Britannia Ltd: Research Manager
- 6 years in Teaching :
University Department of Chemical Technology. University of Mumbai.
- Central Committee of Food Standards (CCFS): 8 years (1998 – 2006)
- Food Safety & Standards Authority of India: Scientific Panel Member (2009-to date) and member on various Expert Groups.
- CII – Vice Chairman: National Food Regulatory Council (2008 – 2010)
- PFNDAI Regulatory Affairs Committee: Chairman ( 2006-to date)
- National Accreditation Board (Wellness)(NABH): Quality Council of India: Member Technical Committee (2010-2012)
Areas of interest:
- Foods & Nutrition: Specialized Food Products – Functional Foods, Dietary Supplements
- Food Regulations.
- Wellness Programs.
Food & Regulatory Consultant